Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 05/15/2019 – 11:14
This is an online practical training course of the TAU Performance System code profiling tool.
- Installation & Configuration of TAU
- Instrumenting and Running a test programme. In particular:
- using library interposition
- using source-based PDT instrumentation
- using paraprof to view results
- adjusting the TAU runtime environment.
- Advanced TAU usage. In particular:
- runtime selective instrumentation
- compile-time selective instrumentation
- snapshot profiling
- Installing and configuring TAU on a Linux-based system
- Instrumenting and Running a test programme
- Tau Advanced TAU Topics
This course requires the use of a pre-loaded Oracle VirtualBox Linux Virtual Machine (VM), with Ubuntu and TAU installed and configured correctly. This is available for download at https://zenodo.org/record/2705395 (‘Tau_x86_64.ova’).
Instructions on how to use VirtualBox are here.
Intellectual Property Rights Notice:
The User may only download, make and retain a copy of the materials for his/her use for non-commercial and research purposes. To use the materials for secondary teaching purposes it is necessary first to obtain permission.
The User may not commercially use the material, unless a prior written consent by the Licensor has been granted to do so. In any case the user cannot remove, obscure or modify copyright notices, text acknowledging or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear.
For further details, contact us.